Duties and Functions
As embodied in the Airport Security Program, the general responsibility of the Airport Security Center (ASC) is to protect the security regularity and efficiency of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport by developing and implementing the necessary procedures in compliance with the provisions of the National Civil Aviation Security Program for safeguarding persons, terminals, air navigations, aircraft and equipment against acts of unlawful interference. The ASC is directly under the General Manager.
- Conducts surveys, inspection and investigation in accordance with the established procedures;
- Reports on each survey, inspection or investigation in the manner prescribed and on the officials forms ;
- Brings to the attention of airport administrations, authorities responsible for police functions, postal and other authorities, as well as operations and other organizations operating in the airport, lapses and weakness in security measures and recommend procedures of their correction;
- Reports serious breaches for appropriate action to be taken;
- Conducts an initial comprehensive security survey and subsequent periodic inspection of the airport;
- Recommends development or modification of the airport security, program to correct deficiencies satisfy security of the airport;