Antonio P. Mendoza
Duties and Functions
- Plans, directs, coordinates and supervises the overall activities of the divisions under the Civil Works Department, including but not limited to:
a) Implementation of plans, policies and procedures governing the proper management, repair and maintenance, improvement of buildings, pavements and grounds within MIAA Complex;
b) Construction, maintenance, repair and renovation of MIAAâ€™s buildings, runways, taxiways, aprons, parking roadways, fence, drainage system and other horizontal and vertical facilities;
c) Regular inspection of Airportâ€™s horizontal and vertical facilities and identify such facility requiring immediate repair, improvement or renovation to ensure conformance to established standards;
d) Survey, design, planning and preparation of plans, estimates and specifications of civil works projects; and
e) Supervision and coordination of all construction and maintenance works on horizontal and vertical facilities carried out by private contractor.
- Oversees the operational activities of the organizational components under the departmentsâ€™ functional jurisdiction and coordinates the implementation of plans and programs thereof;
- Conducts regular meetings, inspections and supervision of the three (3) divisions under the department to ensure continuous and efficient services and accountabilities to all its projects and obligations under its jurisdiction;
- Acts for and in behalf of AGME in presiding over regular meetings and inspections whenever the AGM for Engineering is on leave;
- Acts as adviser to the Authorityâ€™s higher officials on preventive/corrective maintenance and engineering works; and
- Plans and assigns works to subordinates and reviews the same.